ABOUT ME:

I effin rock! I love to blog just for fun. (Ok, so I'm really a huge dork with no life. Hey, I get really bored at work!) I started this blog as a way to get my fix of shopping cravings, since I am always broke and can't actually go shopping. What can I say? “We're living in a material world, and I'm a material girl...” Then I found Kaboodle and became obsessed with that site. So, now this blog is just for whatever I feel like doing at the time. So if you find something interesting--great! Leave comments, subscribe, or make fun of me if you will. Whatev. And if you get the urge to spend some money, feel free to buy me all the presents you want. (JK. haha! ...but not really.)


Wednesday, February 13, 2008

My New Crib!!!

YEAHHH! So, I am supposed to get a place of my own this Summer and I can't wait to decorate! Not that I didn't decorate my current apartment on my own, especially since I lived there by myself at first. But with this place I want it to be ALL my own... I want to do a complete design overhaul and make it so you can tell I put my own flavor into it when you walk in the door. Let's start looking for flava!

For the living room, I was going to try and do the...oh what would you call it? Trendy, dorm room, loft style decor based largely on Ikea products? But I think what I'd really prefer is something more mature, yet comfortable. Harlem Room Place has these wonderful round sofas that look comfy and a lot of fun.

They also have this dining set I've had my eye on, too. I especially like the benches because they're space savers and can be tucked under the table.

For artwork, I was looking along the lines of graffit art or something with an urban inspired feel. Most of it was too gritty though, not really my personality, until I stumbled on these gems. The Matt Brown swirl pattern painting has the right colors to stick to a warm palette which I like, and its both abstract and reminds me a little of graffiti. I might hang this above the couch so that you're not looking directly at it all the time. That could be busy and hard on the eyes.

These Banksy prints caught my eye with their rough stenciled imagery. I like that they make subtle abstract statements that wouldn't be too political for a living room. I think I'd get them in smaller prints to frame and hang off to the side somewhere grouped together.


I also really liked this print by Ali Hendrick. I'm not sure who that artist is, but he or she has a handful of artwork for sale on Ebay. Its both pop art and graffiti-esque... very nice.

I'm not sure about these ones. I like them, but don't know if they'd fit with the other styles of artwork I want to include. I was thinking maybe for the dining area...

*Orange is a favorite color of people having deep intuition and passionate dreamers. The people having negative emotions towards orange might be insincere and cunning.

1 comment:

Adiel | Rose Gold Lining said...

I love orange!
Those banksy prints are so great!